Friday, May 05, 2006

A weeks worth

I have to admit, I had one of the best weeks that I've had in a very long time this week. I spent the last few days hanging around Hume Lake with my wife and son. It was amazing!!! The reason we were there was for a Youth Pastors Conference and I have to say that it was a great week. The teaching was great and the times of worship were refreshing. Thinking about it there were three reasons this trip was so awesome for me. 1) I got a great opportunity to hang out with staff from our church and from other churches and just talk about ministry and best of all just hang out with each other. 2) I got to hang out with my Wife Kimberly and two month old son Matthew for the whole week with no responsibilities. This was so great because I haven't gotten to do that very much at all because of the crazyness that is called my life. 3) Because Nathan and I beat Tim and Shane in the Annual Disc golf tournament this year. Tim and Shane won the tournament two years in a row and were looking for their third win but NOPE!!!... Nate-Dawg and Tostada worked them..... actually we only won by one but I don't care.... WE STILL WON!!! It was an amazing trip.... and to think I almost didn't go.

Anyway enough about that.... I got home last night, got some pizza and crashed in the bed. Woke up this morning and came to find out that I missed alot of things this week. Here's another list

1) "A Day without a Mexican" - I am mexican and I guess I was supposed to be joining in solidarity and skip work???.... Well, I guess I kinda did that but not really. Anyway, someone asked me if I was on strike on monday and I told them that Matthew (My two month old) was on strike for our whole family.... he didn't poop that day

2) The Ducks made it to round two of the playoffs!!! Yeah!!!

3) I got a shoutout from The Bald Worship Leader Phil Ayres. I love that guy and his heart for worship and worship leaders. Thanks for the shout out Phil. You Rock!

4) This didn't really happen while I was gone but today but I'll still count it with these..... I'm getting a new guitar!!! I wrote a few weeks ago that my guitar got stolen (you can read about that Here) Anyway, today I put down the money on my new guitar and it's gonna be shipped on Monday. What is it you ask? Click here to find out.

So that's kinda my week. Sorry for the long entry but I had so much to say and I needed to get it out!!!

Oh and I I know that My wife Kimberly reads this all the time and I just wanted to tell her that I love her with all my heart. You Rock too!!! =)

- Tostada.... reigning Hume Lake Youth Pastors conference Frisbee Golf Champion!!!...... I just love saying that!!!

No comments: