Saturday, October 29, 2005

I don't know how many of you know this but being a guy in the pregnancy process is kinda tough. I don't want it to sound like I don't like it or that I'm not excited or even that I'm mad at Kimberly or something. But seriously it's tough. Let me give you an example of what I mean.... Last night I got the chance to feel my baby kick in Kim's stomach (sorry if that's not anatomically correct). IT WAS AMAZING!!! I love feeling things like that. It allows me to connect with our son. That is such a cool thing but one thing that bugs me is that I don't get that all the time. Kim on the other hand does. She gets to carry the baby and feel it kick everyday. Not that I'm complaining that I don't get to carry the baby. I give her props for doing that but still as a dad I'd have to say that it's kinda tough to not have that connection. I was talking to a good friend of mine a few months ago and he agreed with this. He had just had a baby a few months earlier and could relate to what I was feeling. He told me that for him it was easy for him to get caught up in busyness and forget about the baby because of that lack of connection. As a guy I just wanna say that we love our babies! We want to feel connected but it's hard to know how..... well I guess I'll just have to wait to connect while I'm changing diapers. Good enough for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

all things considered, its still kind of a scary thought... but you're goin g to be an awesome dad!

i cant wait to be an uncle!!

haha

Peter Nguyen said...

I had a friend carry a pacifier in his pocket. Dude.. Very exciting.

:: Peter

A Flock of Sebos said...

Oh, the stories I could tell... This is only the beginning, Vic!! (Just wait til the delivery)