Tuesday, May 03, 2005

What is worship?

Isn't the God we serve so cool? I'm so blessed because I have the opportunity and privilege to worship Him and lead other in the worship of Him.... I love that. With that said I just wanted to share a few things that I've been learning in the past few days. I've recently been reading a book about worship (I can't remember the name of it at the moment because I'm in the middle of reading like 372 books right now). Anyway... here's a little about what I've been reminded of or learned through this book.

What is worship? Is worship just something we do when we're at church on Sunday mornings or on Wednesday nights? Is it the music that we sing when we're at church?.... The answer to that is simple.... YES... those things are worship but what alot of people don't realize is that that's not all worship is about. Yes, we are worshiping God on Sunday mornings and through the songs that we sing but if we stop there we're really selling ourselves short of all that worship is.

Worship is a state of heart.... it's what we do in our everyday lives.... it includes everything.....YES! Everything! .... even brushing your teeth.... Like I said ....it's a state of heart.... if we have the attitude that we're gonna worship God with what we're doing and give it to him.... that can be worship. On the flip side of that I have to say that just because we are singing worship songs or at a worship service at church.....that doesn't mean we are worshiping God. I mean come on.... if you're sitting there in the middle of church during a worship song thinking about the football game and ignoring what you're there for..... even though you're there.... I don't think that can be considered worship.

Anyway... thats what I have to share.... sorry if it's jumbled.... I started it then finished it a month later.... hope it makes sense to someone. Blessings to you all.

Victor

No comments: